A carpenter is responsible for working with wood to build and repair structures and other items and they also may have to select and source appropriate materials depending on project needs. Their duties include calculating quotes, meeting with clients and creating design plans for remodeling projects.
Location: Winnipeg, MBOn the road job
Salary: $15.00 to 35.00 hourly for 80 to 120 hours bi-weekly
Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- No degree, certificate or diploma
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- Maintenance and repair
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
- Willing to travel regularly
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
204-509-0113 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM
20028 Beachside Rd – PO BOX 70
Sandy hook, MB