Long haul truck drivers drive truck and trailer combination vehicles over long distances to deliver products, livestock, or materials.
Location: 8653 – 164 StreetSurrey, BCV4N 1C9
Salary: $27.00 hourly for 50 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Various locations
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Load and unload goods
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
Experience and specialization
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.