A Welder, or Brazer, is responsible for assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Salary: $32.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines
- Determine weldability of materials
- Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Start up, shut down, adjust and monitor robotic welding production line
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply