Farmers are involved in planting, cultivating, performing post-harvest duties, overseeing livestock, and supervising farm labor depending on the type of farm.
locations; Keremeos, , BC Cawston
Salary; $17.00 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Terms of employment; contract (ending: 2024-12-01)
Start date; Starts as soon as 2022-12-01
Benefits: Other benefits
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Fruit and vegetable combination farming
- Other miscellaneous crop farming
- Other vegetables and melon farming (except potato)
- Rural area
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Cleaning crop
- Fruit trees training
- Hand harvesting vegetables
- Hoeing crops
- Vegetable culling
- Fertilize and spray crops
- Harvest crops
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
Experience and specialization
Type of crops
- Bell peppers
- Sweet corn
Equipment and machinery experience
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- On-site housing options
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter