Who is Plumber
a person who installs and repairs piping, fixtures, appliances, and appurtenances in connection with the water supply, drainage systems, etc., both in and out of buildings.
Location Surrey, BC
Salary $26.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Day, Evening, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- 3-4 people
Security and Safety
- Basic security clearance
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply