Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualising a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing.
Salary $42,000 annually for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
08:30 to 17:00
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
Work Site Environment
- Produce artworks using hand lettering techniques
- Mount and scan photographs
- Design and layout pages
- Make stencil patterns
- Set type for printing
- Produce project designs
- Arrange for project printing and publication
- Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software
- Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided
- Produce computerized images and drawings
- Review the graphic designer’s instructions
Experience and Specialization
Type of Production Art
General production art
Signs or billboards
Area of Specialization
- Graphic design
- Technical illustration
- Commercial art
Excellent oral communication
Excellent written communication
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Free parking available
- Variable or compressed work week
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Link to web portfolio